About Me

My photo
Im am a full time student at EMCC. I have this semester and then all of next year to finish my degree. When I done school I will have an Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education and I will have or be close to my Ed Tech 3. I enjoy being around my family and friends. My best friends family is very important to me and I love those kids. Im not shy, or laid back, and I am up for anything.

Monday, February 8, 2010

Week 3 Theme: scene-setting and dialogue

As I lay here under his satin sheets of his king-size bed, I’m thinking to myself “What am I doing here?”. As I lay here thinking, I can hear his movements behind this closed door that seperates us. I get up and wrap myself in his woodsy smelling robe and walk to the closed door and open it.

From the doorway I say “Gage”
“I’m in here”
I walk into the kitchen and I’m speechless.
“Alicia, I know that I was a major jerk-face last night. So, with that said I was hoping that you would forgive me and have breakfast with me?”
“Yes, you were a jerk-face last night, Gage, but I would love to have breakfast with you.”
He walks over to me and without realizing what was happening he kisses me.
“What was that for, Gage?”
“It’s for being my best friend, my family, and my soul mate.”
“Gage, that is so sweet. I hope you know that I love you.”
“I was hoping you would say that because…” as he says that he gets down on one knee and pulls out a black velvet box and says… “Alicia, would you do me the honor and be my wife?”
“Oh my god!…. Yes, of course I will.”

2 comments:

  1. True story? If so, congratulations.

    I think this leaves the reader hanging on both front and back ends: we need to know how Gage was a jerkface and we need to see the clinch following your acceptance and a little of the breakfast conversation following that.

    Not asking for a rewrite, just saying this seems to hang uncomfortably without really satisfying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay I will keep that in mind for next time.

    ReplyDelete