About Me

My photo
Im am a full time student at EMCC. I have this semester and then all of next year to finish my degree. When I done school I will have an Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education and I will have or be close to my Ed Tech 3. I enjoy being around my family and friends. My best friends family is very important to me and I love those kids. Im not shy, or laid back, and I am up for anything.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Week 9: fact or fiction

Today was like no other. I woke up and showered. Added the make-up and brushed the teeth. Clothed and organized the room from messing it up last night when I got home fro work. Tired from work and personal things but ready to tackle todays plans.

Brandon is at work and the kids are at school. So that means I am by myself. I vacummed the floors, dusted the house, did the dishes, and started the laundry. Went throught the kids rooms to pick up some of their mess. I went in mine and Brandon's room and picked up our stuff.

After the house chores where done I started on the next thing on my list: Baking! Tonight Brandon and I are attending a 80's Themed Party. The kids will be spending the night at one of our neighbors house for the night with their friends from school. So, anyways back to baking. Whoever attends the party tonight was encouraged to bring a dessert or main dish, whatever they could make/afford. I was makng my favorite thing, Sugar Cookies. I love making them because you can do anything with sugar cookies. I made them and let them cool. I made 2 dozen cookies and frosted them all.

Tonights color theme was black, purple, and green. So the frosting on the cookies were of those colors and the words '80. (I ate a few in the process...) I'm wearing a black leather sexy dress with my hair done in a side pony. My hair had purple and green highlights to go with my already black hair. I had on purple leg warmers and green high-heeled shoes. My make-up was done in those colors and vamped up from that morning.

Brandon wore a workout outfit. He had on black sneakers, spiked hair tinted purple, white/green jersey, and purple shorts. We looked awsome speperatly but together we looked funny as we did not match. When we arrived at the party the music was blaring 80's themed music. He dance, ate, met up with friends, and danced some more.

Towards the middle of the party, a guy that I went to high school with showed up. He wasn't my favorite person in high school but we get along. He asked Brandon if he could cut in, Brandon said "Sure". Brandon went to the bathroom and to get a drink. The guy I went to school was named * Trentyn*. He kinda had a crush on me and usually made everyone know it. I turned him down a few times in high school because I was not interested.

We were talking and catching up when he bent down and kissed me. Brandon happened to be watching and came rushing over. He asked what the hell was going on. Trentyn explained that he has always liked me and wanted to know if I felt the same. Brandon looked at me and I said, "Baby, after all that we have been through do you think that I would be here if I didn't love you?" Brandon jnew what I was saying and took my hand and started to walk away, when Trentyn grabbed my hand. I said that I was mot interested and never would be and that he needed to leave me alone. When he didn't get the message and grabbed my hand again, I slapped him and walked to the food table with Brandon, where he kissed me. I left that party with the person I love the most in the world.

1 comment:

  1. I think you have an idea that ought to work, but since we don't know where fact ends and speculation begins, this is more like the 162 assignment where you start fictionalizing on factual material than it is like week 9 in 262.

    Putting it another way, the writer needs to frame her material differently, needs to comment on it a little, needs to deal directly with the reader instead of leaving the interpretation up to us.

    Putting it yet another way, my guess is that between the next to last graf and the last graf, you need something like this: "maybe it was the drink I had, but as Trentyn and I talked, I felt like I could absolutely read his mind. What he had never dared do in high school, he was thinking of doing now. What was on his mind and what his every stupid flirty word showed was on his mind was forcing him to the point of.... I could see the next five minutes unfolding."

    Then put the last graf in italics to drive home the point that this was the what-if, the fiction.

    Of course, for all I know, for all you tell us, everything from sugar cookies on could be a what-if!

    ReplyDelete