About Me

My photo
Im am a full time student at EMCC. I have this semester and then all of next year to finish my degree. When I done school I will have an Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education and I will have or be close to my Ed Tech 3. I enjoy being around my family and friends. My best friends family is very important to me and I love those kids. Im not shy, or laid back, and I am up for anything.

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Week 6 Theme: Place

What can anyone do on a nice summer afternoon when they are not busy? A number of things come to mind like, going swimming, hiking, taking a wilderness walk, and lots more. One of the most popular things to do on a summer day is to go to the park. The park is one of those places that tends to see miracles unfold. I sit in the park today, on my white blanket reading a book. I turn to lay on my side and decide to put my book down and watch the others in the park. I lay on my stomach now and this is what I see:
A beautiful and peaceful afternoon surrounded by sunshine and aromas that filled the bright blue sky. The grass underneath us all was a plush green, with little yellow flowers sprouting all around. I turn my head to the right and see this couple of teenagers making out on a black blanket listening to this heavy metal crap they call music. Behind them a little ways is a couple in there 20’s pulling items from a picnic basket. They were pulling out this plate of chicken wings, two champange glasses, a litter of soda, a blanded colored dessert (my guess: cheesecake), and a plate of french fries. They set everything up around them and as they eat they are snuggled into one another. Further from this addoring couple, is a coulple of kids playing baseball in there field they made for themselves. One of the boys gets up to hit the ball and when it comes right down the middle (looking like a strike from where I lay) he smashes the ball and it flies out of there pretend park and lands in the middle of someone’s food. The teenage girls that were tanning in the park had some food on a picnic table and that’s were the boys ball landed. Luckly to there surprise the girls didn’t notice so the boys snatched it real fast and queitly.
I look more to my left know and notice a beatiful thing: a mother, a father, and a child maybe 1½ yrs old playing. The parents were laughing and giggling along with this child. They were involved in there childs life and cared about what happens (to my surprise I watched them the longest, because I wanted to feel that sence of emotion that this child is receiving. I never got that from my dad- so even though I have two parents, I only feel that my mom is the only parent I have: my dad doesn’t care). As I finally turn my head to other parts of the park: I see animals and there owners playing and eating together, couples of people ranging in ages roaming the park or eating/ or just being with one another. I see families out today enjoying time with one another and older couples enjoying their grandchildren.I decided to lay on my back now and observe the clouds for a while as I still listen to the activities around me. I lay there watching the clouds and realize that I’m tuning out the others and listening to my inner self. I start to get a sence that someone is calling my name and I tune back in to whats going on around me and I do hear my name. I look up and to my surprise I see this gorgeous man walking towards me and hes dressed in uniform. My boyfriend is now standing in front of me, he has just returned home from combat and kisses me on the lips. After several minutes, we strech out on my white blanket and talk about everything. Then this girl walks by us and watches how we interact with one another and she also observes the others. Now I’m part of this park with a partner and not just a girl observing the park!

1 comment:

  1. I like very much how this piece gathers descriptions and builds momentum until it reaches that very strong and surprising conclusion. I do get the feeling that this is more a remembered and composite description than one actually recently observed (or at least if you've been somewhere recently with lots of dry grass to lie down on and flowers that are already out, it's not anywhere near where I live!)

    In a way that makes the piece even more admirable because you overcome that handicap of not having recently observed the scene and come up with an unusual and interesting piece.

    ReplyDelete