About Me

My photo
Im am a full time student at EMCC. I have this semester and then all of next year to finish my degree. When I done school I will have an Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education and I will have or be close to my Ed Tech 3. I enjoy being around my family and friends. My best friends family is very important to me and I love those kids. Im not shy, or laid back, and I am up for anything.

Monday, March 22, 2010

Week 8 Theme: The Vignette

Today is a bright blue sun-shining day and the breeze is consistent with the weather. I’m sitting at an outside picnic table trying like hell to finish a big project on the Highlights of Basketball. I was in the zone and this couple sits down on the other side of the table and starts yelling at one another. I look up and stare at them.
The guy notices me and makes an apologetic face and returns his attention to his lady friend. She is still yelling and starts to dis him. All of a sudden I start to hear a crying. I look up and neither adult is crying, and then the women picks up a baby from the baby carrier. She puts the baby up to her shoulder all while yelling at the guy.
I tried my hardest to concentrate. But could not so I started to pack up my stuff. The guy starts talking to me saying that “Don’t leave on our account, we’ll go somewhere else”. The women picks up the baby bottle and throw it at him as he was talking to me. He threw it back at her and so on. I felt bad for the baby that has to grow up in this environment. I grabbed my stuff and left.

1 comment:

  1. Young love, ain't it grand?

    ;)

    Quite the scene, very nicely described--throwing your baby's bottle at the babydaddy is always classy!

    ReplyDelete