About Me

My photo
Im am a full time student at EMCC. I have this semester and then all of next year to finish my degree. When I done school I will have an Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education and I will have or be close to my Ed Tech 3. I enjoy being around my family and friends. My best friends family is very important to me and I love those kids. Im not shy, or laid back, and I am up for anything.

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Week Seven Theme: Character

It takes me only 15 minutes to get from my house to her house. I take a couple left turns and a couple right turns (not all in that order), as I turn down on her road off of the main road I can see her house. I pull into the driveway and stare at this beautiful two-story white house. I get out of my car and when I shut the door I hear these voices getting louder. The two younger boys were playing outside. They come running over to me when they spotted me. I got two very large hugs and two wet kisses. I go up the steps and open the door.
I step inside the house and am greeted by this wonderful, bright, smart, and lively blonde headed women. She is in her late 30’s and has four kids and an amazing husband. I have been involved in her life since I meet her only daughter before we entered Kindergarten. I may not be her biological child but she thinks of me as one of her children. I think of her as my second mother. I can go to her for anything and everything.
One weekend I had been saying there. Her daughter (which is my best friend) and I were sitting on the couch, talking about the gossip that we had heard the past week. The two younger boys were playing outside. My second mom was surfing the Internet and listing in on our conversation. She would put in her two cents every once in a while or would tell us something that we haven’t heard yet. It was a great afternoon to share with my second mom and best friend.
The older of the two younger boys had done something to the youngest and the youngest came crying into the house. The mom asked what had happened and he told her in between sobbing breaths. She made him feel better by taking his mind off of his boo-boo. She kissed his boo-boo and told him to go back outside. She is always thinking on her feet and keeping the peace between the boys.
A couple of hours went by and the older boy had hit the younger boy with a rock (didn’t do damage, just stung the younger boy). The younger boy came running into the house screaming and crying. He was holding his right arm where the rock had hit him. The mom had asked what was wrong and the little boy told her. My best friend and I were standing behind her and heard what happened. She told me to go grab the older boy and told my best friend to grab an ice pack and towel.
I went outside to grab the older boy and he ran away from me. I chase him around the yard, but where I’m older than him I out smarted him and caught him by the side of the house. I toss him over my shoulder and took him inside. When I entered the house the younger boy was on the couch with his ice pack, my best friend was sitting with him selecting a TV show for him to watch. The mom was standing by the island in their house and was waiting for him. He didn’t want to go near her, so I gave him a little but of a push towards her. When he was seated she asked him “Why did you throw a rock at your little brother?” He didn’t answer her back. She asked the question again. When he refused to answer her, she had him stand up and she spanked his butt (no lightly either). He laughed at her and told her “it didn’t hurt me mom!” That just made her even madder. She though for a minute, and then moved toward the refrigerator.
She grabbed something off of the top of it and hit it behind her back. She came back over to where he was sitting and decided to give him one more chance to explain why he hit is brother with a rock. When he didn’t answer she showed him the bottle of Tabasco Sauce. He said, “No, no, no.” She said she didn’t care anymore because she gave him three chances to confess and he didn’t. She grabbed his jaw, made him stick out his tongue, and then she placed a medium sized amount of the sauce on his tongue. He swallowed it and made a weird face. He ran to the kitchen and grabbed a cup of water to drink. His mother was right behind him and when he was done drinking, she spanked hit butt again. She yelled at him about not hitting his brother or anyone in this family (including me) and that he was being sent to his room for the remainder of the night. He could come down for dinner but that’s it.After he went upstairs and slammed his bedroom door, the mom checked on the younger brother. When he said he was fine, she went back on the computer and acted like nothing had happened at all. Told the father what had happened and then later that night pretended that nothing had happened when my best friends younger brother to her but older than the two younger boys asked why his brother was in his room crying.

1 comment:

  1. A story really helps to make the woman come alive on the page and you give us a good one here. We can picture the scene, follow the action, and discover the person as we do so.

    ReplyDelete