About Me

My photo
Im am a full time student at EMCC. I have this semester and then all of next year to finish my degree. When I done school I will have an Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education and I will have or be close to my Ed Tech 3. I enjoy being around my family and friends. My best friends family is very important to me and I love those kids. Im not shy, or laid back, and I am up for anything.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Week 15 Theme

Tuesday, May 4, 2010- (substituting at former/local high school)

This was my former high school from 2004-2008. Now I come back to work as a substitute. It’s weird to do this line of work because I am only two years older than the graduating seniors. I feel weird telling the students to sit down, open their books, be quite, or get to work because of the age difference. Is that normal? Would you feel that way if you were in my shoes? I guess I just have to remember that it’s a job and I have to be professional. Well that’s it for now, talk to you later.

Thursday, May 6, 2010- (substituting at former/local high school)

Today I got called in to work to work in the special education room. I have recently taken a couple of classes on special education and autism. I think that they really helped me understand certain situations and how to handle them. I’m an Early Childhood Education student where working in a high school isn’t relevant to my degree but it gives me the opportunity to see what being a teacher will look like in a year from now.

Friday, May 7, 2010- (substituting at former/local high school)

Today is a half-day at the high school. I’m working in the special education room. I was asked to independently work with a specific student. We knew that he was going to be late, so I filled in where it was necessary. When the student was supposed to be in class- he didn’t show. So I filled in for another position until we were dismissed at 11:30. I left from the high school to go to work at my regular job.

Tuesday, May 11, 2010- (substituting at former/local high school)

Today was a weird day. It was fine. Children were rowdy. Children not staying on task annoy teachers. Power went out because leg on transformer busted. So of course that threw off the entire day. For me I had an easy day because the student that I usually work with was a no show. So I basically got paid to keep order when the power went out. Other than that, it was a great day.

1 comment:

  1. I subbed in various districts for a half-year right after I got my provisional certification.

    I learned a lot, but naturally the students learned very little from me....

    ReplyDelete