About Me

My photo
Im am a full time student at EMCC. I have this semester and then all of next year to finish my degree. When I done school I will have an Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education and I will have or be close to my Ed Tech 3. I enjoy being around my family and friends. My best friends family is very important to me and I love those kids. Im not shy, or laid back, and I am up for anything.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Week 1: Nature (re-write)

Drip Drop, Drip Drop. I love the sound of raindrops as they hit the hot ground. It's been so hot lately that the haze has taken over the scenery. The rain has come in and gone just as fast but the raindrops play thier special melody. Drip Drop, Drip Drop.

I am walking in the forest as the rain dissipates. I am with the man that I love and we continue to walk hand-in-hand. We talk about past events, future plans, and events that are happening now. i was in the middle of a story when Brandon stops dead in his tracks. I happen to fall down because he still had my hand and I kept going when he stopped. I and up in the mud and he looks at me when I shriek and shushes me.

There was a deer and his mate about 30 yards ahead of us. We watch them for a while. I am amazed at our wildlife and how they interact in our world and with us as humans. They noticed Brandon and I standing watching them but never moved or ran away. They continued to graze in the field and play with one another. Brandon and I inched a little closer. They stayed where they were. I noticed they they kept looking up in the trees and i saw that a couple of birds where in the trees chripping. I couldn't tell what type of bird but they seemed content where they were. The deer's moved to another spot to eat but were not afriad of Brandon and I.

We left the deer's as quietly as we came to them and started to head back to our house. Once we get to the clearing and can see the house, the sunshine is on our faces and it's a warm but not stuffily day out. Brandon turns to me and makes a bet that if he beats me to the house that I have to eat a bug and if I beat him to the house he has to do all the laundry outside in nature. We agree to eachothers stipulations but I have a condition is that we skip the whole way to make it fair.

"Ready, Set, Go" is what we said together and we were off. I take a straight hill down. Not so much fun when you have to skip, brandon takes a curved path and pulls ahead. i make it down the hill and stop by the frog pond. No frogs yet that I can see, but I take a drink of cool water and off I go. In the end Brandon wins.

So I;m dreading eating this bug but a promise is a promise. Of course Brandon has to make me suffer even more and lets the kids get involved. Brandon lets them pick out the bug and they choose this bug that is covered in dirt and was slimy as hell. I open my mouth and stuck it in my mouth. I start chewing it fast and got it swallowed. I ran to the kitchen to get a glass of water. Once that was drank I felt like one of those "Survivor" contestants that have to do those type of challenges.

All in all today was a great day to be out in nature. Brandon and I took a walk in the forest, i ate a bug (beacuse I lost a bet), and to top it all off we treated the children to a picnic under the stars.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, that added material in the front end helps set the scene, and in a funny way, it even helps set up the bug eating at the end--all part of nature, y'know!

    ReplyDelete