About Me

My photo
Im am a full time student at EMCC. I have this semester and then all of next year to finish my degree. When I done school I will have an Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education and I will have or be close to my Ed Tech 3. I enjoy being around my family and friends. My best friends family is very important to me and I love those kids. Im not shy, or laid back, and I am up for anything.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

Week 1: Nature

Drip Drop, Drip Drop. I love the sound of raindrops as they hit the hot ground. It’s been so hot lately that the haze has taken over the scenery. The rain has come in and gone just as fast but the raindrops play their special melody. Drip Drop, Drip Drop.
I am walking in the forest as the rain dissipates. I am with the man I love and we continue to walk hand-in-hand. We talk about past events, future events, and events that are happening now. I was in the middle of a story when Brandon (my love) stops dead in his track. I happen to fall down because he jerked my arm and I slipped n the mud. He shushes me and I look up. There was a deer and his mate 30 yards ahead of us. We watch them for a while. I am amazed at our wildlife and how they interact in our world and with us as humans.
We leave the two deer’s as quietly as we came to them and start to head back to the house. Once we get into the clearly and can see the house, the sunshines on our faces and its warm but not stuffily. Brandon turns and faces me and makes a bet that if he beats me to the house I have to eat a bug and if I win he has to do the laundry outside. The only condition is that we had to skip so it would be a fair race. “Ready, Set, Go” we said together and we were off. I take a straight hill down. Not so much fun when you have to skip, Brandon takes a curved path and pulls ahead. I make it down the hill and stop by the frog pond. No frogs that I can see, but I take a drink of fresh cool water and off I go. In the end result Brandon wins.
So I’m dreading eating a bug but a promise is a promise. Of course Brandon has to make me suffer even more and let the kids watch. Brandon let them pick out the bug and they choose a bug that was covered in dirt and was slimy. I open my mouth and stuck this nasty creature in. I start chewing it fast and got it swallowed. I ran to the kitchen grabbed a glass of water and drank it fast. I felt like one of those “Survivor Contestants” that have to do those types of challenges.
All in all today was a great day to be out in nature. Brandon and I took a walk in the forest, I ate a bug- because I lost a skipping challenge, and to top it all off we treated to children to a picnic dinner under the stars.

3 comments:

  1. This breaks very neatly into two parts: the deer walk and the bug challenge. One part works (for me anyway) much better than the other. One was fun to think about and write, the other was a school assignment.

    Which half do you want to rewrite?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i dont really know. you tell me as i thought it was good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good is seldom an issue. Better is the issue. The bug stuff leaps off the page with fun and excitement!

    The deer stuff, not so much. Here's where you check out: " We watch them for a while. I am amazed at our wildlife and how they interact in our world and with us as humans."

    What we don't get is what you actually see when you watch, what amazes you, what the interaction is. What did the deer do?

    ReplyDelete