About Me

My photo
Im am a full time student at EMCC. I have this semester and then all of next year to finish my degree. When I done school I will have an Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education and I will have or be close to my Ed Tech 3. I enjoy being around my family and friends. My best friends family is very important to me and I love those kids. Im not shy, or laid back, and I am up for anything.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Week 2: Observation and Field Work

We all know that in the winter time we all bitch that it's too cold outside because of the snow. We can't wait for the Spring so the temp is affectionate and all the snow is gone. But then on the other hand there are citizens like me who love the winter season. All the snow cascades everything white (so no judgement), all the romantic lights that are all over, and people are for the most part in generous and caring moods. I get all giddy inside this time of year. I was out for a stroll one winter night last winter season and was taking in all of the sites.
In the distance ahead of me I could see a family of three walking in the night and they were singing christmas songs. The couple walk hand-in-hand and look at their precious child. I can see the love in thier eyes for that beautiful little girl. As we pass each other on the sidewalk the mother smiles at me and says "Blessed Be". I nod back at her and smile.
As I continue walking on my stroll, I pass the school were I earned my education. Tonight was there annual Holiday Concert. I notice a woman outside standing by the entrance door and she is talking on her cell phone. I could hear the children signing and I stopped to listen for a minute. My heart turned all warm inside. I love this time of year. I wasn't technically eavesdropping on the woman but I was tuning into her conversation with whomever.
".... I know that you have to work honey, but tonight was the concert.... I understand this time of the year is your busiest and your craziest time but your son and daughter were counting on you to be here. I would have loved it if you could have least made an effort for your children.... Don't yell at me please, I was just trying to get you to understand that your children notice that you're not here for thier special occasions and they see thier friend's father here for them..... Okay Oaky, I know, What time will you be home tonight?... Fine, I will see you tomorrow morning then".
I decided that was not a mother that I wanted to get into a fight with if she caught me eavesdropping on her private conversation, so I kept walking. I was coming up on the road and needed to cross. A gentlemen in a truck stopped and let me cross. When I reached the other side he yelled out his window "Merry Christmas Madam", I replied Merry Christmas and continued to walk to the grocery store. Once there I gathered what I needed and was amazed at what I was seeing. Mothers and daughters or mothers and sons laughing and enjoying one another, couples walking hand-in-hand so in love not even getting anything from the shelves, and co-workers having a good time at work. I guess this season really is magical, what do you think?
I have had a great stroll out in nature especially this time of the year but I am starting to get cold and am heading back to the house. When I approach my driveway i get hit with a snowball in the side of the head. It was the boys that live next door. they apologize and looked scared. I just continue to walk inside. I change into dry clothes and Brandon made us hot coca and we sat in front of the fire and watch the boys from next door as they play in the snow....

2 comments:

  1. Sounds pretty nice, but the only time I leave the house after deer season starts is to walk my dogs or drive to work, so I'm not really into it. But you make it almost convincing enough for me to almost want to be near people near Xmas, as long as I don't have to go to the mall, which would be a little too peopley for me....

    Those neighbor kids were lucky if they avoided the traditional lump of coal in their stockings....

    ReplyDelete