About Me

My photo
Im am a full time student at EMCC. I have this semester and then all of next year to finish my degree. When I done school I will have an Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education and I will have or be close to my Ed Tech 3. I enjoy being around my family and friends. My best friends family is very important to me and I love those kids. Im not shy, or laid back, and I am up for anything.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Week 4: Re-write

You love me, you don't love me. You love me, you don"t love me. This goes on and on until there are no more petals for me to pull off. I sit here on the swing overlooking the lake and think to myself: "Am I ever going to find a boyfriend?"
***

My twin sister was inside the house and came outside to sit with me. We were talking about girl stuff: boys, clothes, school, sports. The usual stuff we always talked about. She asked me what I was doing up here. I told her that I was wishing upon a daisy. She ooke dat me funny.
***

She disappears into the day and I sit there wondering what would life be like if I was just older. Would there be guys, money, school, children. I swear I'm older than I really was. I always and still do look for what is to come.
***

You love me, you don't love me. Is that the question? I sit and stare out into the unknown and think to myself what is out there. I snap back into reality when I heard a noise come from behind me.
***

It was my sister. She had gone out and found me a daisy to pluck the petals and says: "Whatever your thinking it will come true one day. But right know mom wants us to come inside for dinner." As I walk to the house with her I am thinkg that I hope she is right one day.

1 comment:

  1. She found you another daisy, a second daisy--is that what happened? She'd come out to call you to supper but took a quick flower-finding detour as a sister thing?

    That's what I think has happened here, but I'm not completely sure, and that's a writer's problem to consider. Think how clear your engagement story is compared to the fuzziness here....

    No, not asking for a rewrite.

    ReplyDelete