About Me

My photo
Im am a full time student at EMCC. I have this semester and then all of next year to finish my degree. When I done school I will have an Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education and I will have or be close to my Ed Tech 3. I enjoy being around my family and friends. My best friends family is very important to me and I love those kids. Im not shy, or laid back, and I am up for anything.

Monday, October 4, 2010

Week 5

I have lived in the same spot for the last 20 years now. Well, every year about this time I get as my co-workers would say "giddy". This is the time of year that people show different sides of themselves. They are giving, caring, emotional (in a good way), and happy. I love the season of Christmas.

I come from a big family. There are five that live in my household, one of them is me. My mom had a medium sized family and my dad had a large one. He alone has 6 brothers, a step-brother, and a step-sister. Anyways, every year we have holiday traditions that are followed to a tee. We have dinner at my grandparents (moms parents) on Christmas Eve and we also open presents from them. On Christmas we open presents at my house and then go to the other grandparents house and open presents from them and have a big brunch.

Everybody gets up early except for me on Christmas because I just want to sleep regardless of the day. Once I do get up we have breakfast and then open presents. Once evey present has been opened we clear away trash and dishes from breakfast. then we put away presents.

This past Christmas was different. I stayed with my best friend. The families were gone to spend the holidays elswhere and we had the house to ourselves. Noelle and I grabbed food at the store, movies from the movie place, and dessert from the bakery. When we were back at her house and the groceries put away we popped in a movie to relax and start our Christmas off with a bang.

Christmas Eve we spent watching movies and T.V, we baked a little , and decorated the Christmas tree. When we said goodnight we wrapped one-anothers gifts and would put them under the tree in the morning. Our boyfriends that Christmas came over around 6pm to have Christmas dinner with us.

We had meatloaf and mashed potatoes for dinner. We sat around eating, drinking, rememboring the good times. When the dishes were done (thanks to the guys) Noelle and I served dessert: Pumpkin Pie with Whipped Cream. We took our dessert into the living room to relax. When finished we opened presents. I got Noelle: a Viking's football shirt, make-up, and a locket. She got me: new flip-flops, a new wallet, and I locket. The lockets were both the same and we had put pictures in them. Mine and my mom and her mom in there. I had put pictures of her mom and her grandmother who passed when we were young in hers.

The guys took us seperetly to give us the gifts they got us. They had planned this little surprise and both got us an engagment ring. Brandon propsed to me and Ricky proposed to Noelle. I was so shocked and so was she. They told us that because we were best friends and had been for so many years that they wanted to give us a gift that we could share together but also sepretly. It was the best Christmas yet so far.

1 comment:

  1. There you go--right week, right material, right slot, right story, everything copacetic.

    ReplyDelete